Create and manage Hero Platform_ users and user roles.
Add Hero Platform_ Users
To create a Hero Platform_ user:
- In the top right corner of Hero Platform, click the Administration icon and select Access from the menu.
- Click Create new User.
- Enter the credentials for the new user:
- Enter a user's name.
- Enter the user's email address.
- Assign the user one or more roles.
- ADMIN - Access to the Hero Platform_ app and the Robin app.
- ROBIN - Access to the Robin app
- ROBIN_ADMIN - Access the Robin app. Can view all tasks for skills they can access regardless of filters.
- A user with an ADMIN role also need the ROBIN_ADMIN role if this user needs access to unfiltered Robin tasks.
- Enter a password for the user.
- a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 128 characters
- one upper case letter
- one lower case letter
- one number
- one special character
- no more than three consecutive characters
- Confirm the password.
- Mark the checkbox if the user is currently active with the ability to access their role in Hero Platform_.
- Click OK.
Edit, Delete, or Reset the Password for Hero Platform_ Users
To edit, delete, or reset the password of a Hero Platform_ user:
- Click the heading titled Access on the Administration home page.
- Locate the user to modify.
- Click the kebab icon on the far right on the user's row.
Editing a user allows an admin to update a user name, email address, user role, and if the user is active/inactive on the Hero Platform_ system.
Enter the updated credentials for the user and click OK to save.
Passwords are not displayed or able to be recovered. If an active user is unable to authenticate, the reset password option is available.
Click Yes, Delete to confirm that the user will be permanently deleted.
Deleted user profiles are not recoverable.
Reset User Password
Enter and confirm a new password for the user. Click OK to save.
Create API tokens (keys) than can be used for authentication to Hero Platform_ from outside services using a REST Endpoint.
Any REST Endpoint that is deployed within a Flow requires authentication. Creating and using API tokens as an authentication method is a simple and more secure authentication method than userID/passwords.
API tokens have no expiration time and must be deleted manually.
Create a API Token
- Click the API Token tab in the Access.
- Click New token.
- Enter a token name.
Copy the token string.
Store the full token string in a safe location. Once the dialog box has been closed, the token string is not recoverable.
If you have lost a token string, create a new API token and update corresponding REST Endpoints in the Flow with the new token string.
Delete an API Token
Delete an unneeded API token by clicking the trash icon to the right of the token's row.
Hero Platform_ administrators have access to view or terminate active user sessions.
Click the Sessions tab to view the active user sessions in Hero Platform_.
The sessions table displays all active sessions, included yourself, and the time the session began.
Clicking the refresh icon on the top right side of the table updates the current active sessions.
Terminate Active User Session
Click the X icon on the right side of the user's row on the table to terminate an active user session.
- After the administrator ends the session, the user's session is fully terminated when their authentication token run out after about five minutes.
- If the user tries to perform an action in Hero Platform_ after the authentication token has expired, they are taken to an "access denied" screen with a link to the Hero Platform_ login page.
Terminate all user sessions other than your own by clicking Terminate All Other Sessions button above the table.