Tuple to Field
The Tuple to field function allows taking elements from a tuple value and using them downstream in the Flow as single values.
This function is helpful to send values extracted from documents to external systems through a database or REST Output. This function is also useful in creating understandable preview data and can build Flows where only one element from a complex tuple value is needed.
The output field replaces the corresponding input field. Only the selected sub-value for the tuple is passed on within the Flow.
- Nested Paths:
- Select from the available sub-values from input tuple fields. (Tuple)
- Under Input field, Hero Platform_ populates all the tuple fields that corresponds with the above selected nested path.
- Mark the boxes next to the sub-elements to replace the tuple them with the selected sub-value.
- Mark the box next to Input field to select all the tuple fields.
- The fields selected are converted from the original tuple value into individual value.
- Under Output field name, Hero Platform_ populates a corresponding output field name to the original input field name.
- To add the sub-value name, to the end of the output field name, select the box for Append type to field name.
- The user can also change the output name for the field by manually entering a new field name.
You selected the tuple field first_name (Tuple) that has four nested values.
Those values are:
- value, (String)
- confidence_score, (Double)
- snippet, (BinaryData)
- bounding_box, (Tuple)
In this case, you want to extract the value and confidence score fields. You select firstName.value and firstName.confidence_score.
From this point on in the Flow, only firstName.value (String) and firstName.confidence_score (Double) will be available from the original first_name field.