Create a Gmail Input
Create an Input for Gmail in Hero Platform_
- Open Hero Platform_.
- Open Integration from the navigation menu and select Inputs.
- Click Create New Input.
- Enter a name for the Gmail Input and select a Gmail Connection from the drop-down list.
- Configure the Gmail Source data.
- Select a gmail label from the drop-down box.
- Enter the partition size.
- From the email field mapping table:
- Confirm or change column names.
- Confirm or change column data types.
- Remove or confirm the arrangement of columns.
Inputs from an Gmail Connections come populated with default field mapping. This field mapping is configurable as needed.
EMAIL_CONTENT vs. EMAIL_HTML_CONTENT
- EMAIL_CONTENT - Extracts the body of emails as plain text.
- EMAIL_HTML_CONTENT - Extracts the body of emails with the original HTML structure.
- Click OK to save the Input.
The Gmail Input automatically performs a checkpoint when running in a Flow. When the Flow is run again using the Gmail Input, only new data in pulled into Hero Platform_.
When using a Gmail Input in a Flow, a 404 error returned from Google for a missing email message ID causes the Flow to fail.
Resolve this issue by configuring the Flow with the Gmail Input to forgiving mode in the Flow's configuration settings.