Create a REST Connection
Create a Connection with REST in Hero_Flow
- Open Hero_Flow.
- Click Connections from the menu on the left.
- Click CREATE NEW CONNECTION.
- Give the Connection a name and select REST from the drop-down list for Connection type.
The REST Connection details screen is displayed with fields that need to be configured.
- Select the authentication type from the drop-down list.
- Enter the request base URL.
- Enter requested headers and/or cookie parameters if the target API requires providing extra headers or meta data. (Optional)
- These names and values are added to all Input, Output, and lookup Function requests.
- Header and cookie parameters are stored encrypted for security.
- Enter the connection timeout value.
- Enter the socket timeout value.
- Check the box to enable automatic retries. (Optional)
- Check the box to follow redirects. (Optional)
- Click TEST CONNECTION. A confirmation message is displayed if the connection has been established.
- Click OK to finish saving the Connection in Hero_Flow.